Qualifications for the Criminal Justice Senior Lecturer Job
- A PhD or equivalent degree qualification in either criminology or security management or law or sociology or psychology with a bias in criminal justice management or policing (or Master’s degree qualification in special cases) from a recognized/accredited university;
- At least three (3) years of teaching experience at the university level as a Lecturer or six (6) years research/industry experience;
- A minimum of thirty two (32) publication points as a Lecturer or equivalent, of which at least twenty four (24) should be from refereed scholarly journals;
- Supervised at least three (3) postgraduate students to completion as a Lecturer or equivalent;
- Registered with the relevant professional body.
- Demonstrated classroom skills as evidenced by student evaluation and peer reviews by moderators
- Demonstrated evidence of success in some major non-teaching responsibilities at the University or other reputable organization will be an added advantage.
NB: Refer to the table below on Research and Publication.
The maximum points that may be awarded for one item for each category are shown as follows:
- Distribution of Weighted Publication Points
- No. Type of Publication and other Scholarly Output Maximum Points
- One University Level Scholarly Book
- Patented Invention or Innovation
- One Article in a Refereed Journal
- One Tertiary Level Scholarly Book
- Book Chapter in a University Level Scholarly Book
- Refereed Learning Modules
- One Reviewed Conference Paper
- One Secondary School Level Textbook
- Short Communication in a Refereed/Scholarly Journal
- Consultancy and Project Reports
- Refereed Exhibitions and Performances
- One Non-Reviewed Conference Paper
- Any other Book 2 points
- Editorship of a Book or Conference Proceedings
- Scholarly Presentations at Conferences/Workshops/Seminars
- Book Review Published in Refereed Journals
The post Criminal Justice Senior Lecturer Job in Kenya 2017 appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobwebkenya.com/.