It is safe to say that the world has not been the same for the past two years. Ever since December 2019, the entire world has been held in the tight grip of the Coronavirus. The first case of Coronavirus, now also known as Covid-19, was reported on December 31, 2019. Ever since then, it has spread gradually to every country.
Not a single nation or state was spared by Covid-19 and Omicron that led to the collapse of global health infrastructure and the death of millions of people across the world. The Covid-19 pandemic changed the world in a way that it feels next to impossible to return to how things were before it all started.
The pandemic of Covid-19 and Omicron did not just take millions of lives but also made the lives of those who are alive miserable. For almost two years, all that people heard of was illness, sickness, and death. People’s commute to the office was replaced by work-from-home, which now feels like a comfort zone.
Stuck at home, with nowhere to go, people started exploring various ways of pastimes. As a result, several people got themselves engaged in some activity or another. Some tried their hand at cooking. The others started taking fitness seriously, while the others enjoyed board and online games with their friends and family.
Two deadliest diseases, Covid-19 and Omicron, also had a significant impact on the crypto market. With Covid-19 affecting everything, it was obvious that the crypto market would be impacted too.
The reason behind Covid-19’s impact on Bitcoin prices
Bitcoin is a digital currency. Since the cryptocurrency market is subject to market conditions, it was natural for the Bitcoin prices to be impacted by the global pandemic caused due to the occurrence of Covid-19 and Omicron. Bitcoin is extremely market volatile, and even a small change in the market trend can lead to its prices rising or going down significantly.
What was Covid-19’s impact on the Bitcoin prices?
A lot of techno-geeks have tried to study the impact of Coronavirus on the crypto market, especially on the Bitcoin prices since Bitcoin is one of the most popular digital currencies in the world.
- A lot of markets collapsed due to the COvid-19, but the crypto market remained almost intact. In fact, in the long run, the market gained more popularity than it originally had before.
- Even though the first case of Coronavirus was detected in December 2019 itself, the world started to see its impact around late February to early March. As a result, the crypto market faced its first impact too. In the March of 2020, the crypto market collapsed due to the impact of the vast spreading virus.
- Bitcoin made a quick recovery and bounced back soon enough with immense popularity and growth. Now, the market cap of Bitcoin is $1.1 trillion. This makes Bitcoin rule half of the crypto market.
The pandemic of Covid-19 and Omicron made several commodities lose their worth, but not the crypto market.
Cryptocurrencies continued to prove themselves as great assets. Over the past two years, the Bitcoin prices have risen significantly and continue to do so.
Price Impact of Bitcoins With Covid-19 and Omicron
The main reasons behind the Bitcoin prices rising are as follows:
- The lockdown gave people to explore more. As a result, people studied and invested in Bitcoins since they had ample time for experimentation and investment.
- Bitcoins are already popular and have been getting more popularity and acceptance lately. As a result, Bitcoin was people’s first choice when the pandemic hit.
- Bitcoins can be used to make and receive payments anywhere. As a result, when there were restrictions on physical movement, and people were running short of cash, Bitcoin helped.
- It proved to be a great investment for people.
So, as we can see, even though Bitcoin’s price fell low in the early months of March 2020, the Bitcoin prices continued to see a rise throughout the pandemic with Covid-19 and Omicron. If you want to become an investor or purchase and sell Bitcoins, you can use thehttps://quantum-ai-trading.com/. It makes making transactions in cryptocurrencies very easy.