HomeEntertainmentEric Omondi, Betty Kyallo speak about con claims

Eric Omondi, Betty Kyallo speak about con claims

Media personalities Eric Omondi and Betty Kyallo received harsh criticism after claims surfaced that they had defrauded their audience.

When asked why the show stopped, Eric Omondi said that it was due to technical difficulties experienced during the airing.

Regarding the con claims, Omondi responded by saying, “Betty and I are just hosts. Any person who wsa not paid should as Big Quiz Limited. We are just their employees.”

The Big Quiz Show Limited Director Patrick Ojil, issued a statement on Sunday, May 30, confirmed that the show had been discontinued.

Ojil supported the two hosts clarifying that the hosts had nothing to do with matters of payment.

“The Big Quiz Show bears full responsibility for settlement of all winners’ dues and is commited to ensuring all the winners have been paid according to the Betting Control and Licensing Board requirements,” read part of the statement.

“It should be noted that the two hosts for the sgow Eric and Betty, therefore, bear no responsibility whatsoever to any dues to any winner or any other contractor,”Ojil mentioned.

The company reverted by asking people who had not received their awards to contact their customer service team.

The Show, “The Big Quiz Show”, premiered on Sunday, March 21, 2021.

The first season was set to run for 13 weeks with 100 winners every week. The top winner would receive up to Sh 1 million.

However, the plan didn’t come to pass as it only went for six weeks.

It was an interactive game show, meaning that the public could participate as the show was streamed live.

As of last week, the show was not aired with the sudden stop raising questions about what could have happened.

Shortly after, a lady claimed to have conned in the show.

She said that by the time the show stopped airing, she had not received her prize as expected.

Related news

Trending