Raila Odinga Makes Surprise Appearance at Luo Festival Party, Addresses Revellers

Date:

  • The much anticipated Luo Festival went down at Ngong Racecourse on Saturday, November 27
  • The star-studded event hosted by comedian Jalang’o brought together superstars from the Luo nation who entertained the enthusiastic revellers
  • ODM party leader Raila Amollo Odinga dazzled revellers after making a surprise visit to the event

Former prime minister Raila Odinga alias Baba has entertained partygoers after making a surprise visit to the much-hyped Luo Festival at the Ngong Racecourse.

An auspicious event

The Luo Festival finally took place after it was cancelled in August due to COVID-19 protocols.

Revellers started thronging the venue as at early as 2 pm as they could not wait to watch their favourite artists entertain them.

Some artists including Akothee made remarkable entrances using choppers to the event.

Baba parties

Before he made an appearance, the event MC, Jalang’o had mentioned that the top politician could join the crowd.

Raila made his grand entrance to the party with his guards a few minutes to midnight.

The revellers were quick to identify his convoy and they all hailed him as he makes for the stage.

While at the stage, Raila pulled the crowd with his signature dance and his witty address.

The revellers could be heard chanting his name as he made his speech.

“Are you ready? Are prepared as soldiers of Baba?” Raila posed to the crowd.

Reactions to the post

Aldrin Ouma:

“Baba has literally improved his dancing moves from, Gengetone, Kikuyu songs and reggae.”

The advocate:

“Where are we attending Church today, Jakom.”

Lenga Kahindi:

“The event was a success, I wish we could have a Mijikenda Festival.”

Albert Ian:

“Energy you got is unmatched that’s my ideal 5th.”

Jalang’o denies pocketing ticket money

As previously reported by TUKO.co.ke, the comedian recently responded to people accusing him of taking the cash he collected from the much-hyped Luo Festival that was cancelled due to COVID-19 protocol measures.

Jalang’o said he never touched a single cent from ticket sales and assured those who had purchased tickets that they will be considered on November 27, which will be a make-up event for the cancelled one.

“Some people went to Edgar Obare claiming I pocketed the ticket charges. Some were also saying that I want to use the money to the campaign. Those are lies, I can assure you that your tickets are valid. All the money that was collected were sent to a Till number. In fact, I have never touched any coin,” he said.

Source: Tuko Breaking News Latest

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Kuria’s party decries exclusion in Ruto’s Kenya Kwanza

Chama Cha Kazi members in Kikuyu have rejected...

Fuel subsidy tops Treasury Sh64bn extra budget

The National Treasury has asked the National Assembly...

Europa League Conference: Roma win the final against Feyenoord!

At the end of a fairly balanced final where...

Bayern Munich go after Sadio Mané

According to Sky Sports, Liverpool striker Sadio Mané...