Gallbladder Cancer This is a cancer that occurs in the gallbladder under the liver, which is in the right margins. The gallbladder is responsible for producing substances that help digestion of fat foods. This type of cancer is quite rare. Patients often have right abdominal pain. It will show symptoms when it is cancer for a while.
Symptoms of gallbladder cancer
In the early stages, symptoms of gallbladder cancer will not appear until the cancer has spread. Which, if detected early, will make the treatment more effective.
The symptoms that may be found in patients with gallbladder cancer are
- Pain in the right stomach more than usual A lump in the right abdomen
- Abdominal swelling, bloating
- Not wanting to lose weight
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fever, itchy skin
- Jaundice, which causes yellowing of the eyes
- Dark urine And feces turn a light color
Causes of Gallbladder Cancer
Cancer is caused when the DNA of a cell is abnormally transformed into cancerous cells. The exact cause of gallbladder cancer is still unclear. But there are risk factors that can cause this type of cancer:
- There were other problems with the gallbladder, such as altered appearance of the gallbladder wall. There are large polyps around the gallbladder, etc.
- Be 70 years or older
- Having a family history of gallbladder cancer
- Being overweight
- It is female because female sex hormones may contribute to the accumulation of cholesterol accumulating in the gallbladder for a long time.
- In an industrial area Or polluted areas
TheDiagnose gallbladder cancer
In the diagnosis of gallbladder cancer; The doctor will ask about symptoms and the patient’s health history. Including may be examined by different methods as follows
- Physical examination The doctor may examine the cause of the illness, such as abdominal pain, jaundice, etc.
- Medical history examination If the patient’s family has previously had gallbladder cancer Patients may also be in this cancer risk category.
- Blood test Your doctor will take a sample of your blood to be examined in a laboratory. To check for abnormalities such as liver function values, etc.
- Ultrasound This is the use of echo waves to create images and detect cancerous lumps.
- Radiography Is a projection of the internal examination image The doctor may use a CT scan machine to check the location of cancer cells. Or to know the size of the tumor and how far it has spread In order to be able to evaluate the treatment appropriately
- MRI Scan It is similar to ultrasound and CT scan. Rather, it creates images of tissues inside the body from an electromagnetic field. This may be useful in the detection of gallbladder cancer cells.
- Endoscopy It is a small surgery and the camera is inserted into the abdomen. It is used to detect cancer or surgically to take a sample of tissue to check for cancer cells.
However, a diagnosis may only be made after the patient has had cancer for a while. Some patients may also have metastasized cells to other organs.
The doctor will divide the cancer stages according to the spread of gallbladder cancer cells as follows:
Phase 1 The cancer is located inside the gallbladder. Have not spread to other partsPhase 2 The cancer gradually spreads to the outer wall of the gallbladder. But has not spread to the liverPhase 3 The cancer will spread to other nearby organs such as the liver, small intestine, lymph nodes, etc.Phase 4 A large tumor And the cancer has spread to other organs.
Gallbladder Cancer Treatment
Treatment can be performed in a number of ways. If it is early cancer, it may be able to remove all cancer cells. Treatment will depend primarily on the stage of the cancer and the patient’s condition.
- Surgery It is often used to treat early cancer. If the cancer cells expand outside the gallbladder and around the liver, your doctor may surgically remove the gallbladder, including the liver and some of the cancerous bile ducts. After the surgery, the doctor may have the patient undergoing radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
- Radiation therapy At present, radiation may help treat cancer cells precisely. Reduce side effects and destroy cancer cells from coming back. Which may be done in conjunction with surgery
- Use of chemotherapy drugs They are mostly used to treat severe cancer. Like cancer that has spread to other parts of the body
- Palliative treatment It is used to control and relieve pain or other illnesses caused by cancer.
After treatment, patients should see a doctor regularly. To monitor the results of treatment to make sure the cancer cells have completely disappeared. The doctor will perform a physical exam or a CT scan every 6 months, with some patients experiencing side effects from treatment. Therefore should see a doctor to properly care for symptoms
InsertionStacking of gallbladder cancer
Patients with gallbladder cancer may develop complications as these cancer cells tend to spread rapidly. The complications that may arise from gallbladder cancer are:
- If cancer cells become clogged in the bile duct. May cause jaundice or yellowing of the eyes And other medical conditions may follow
- May return to gallbladder cancer after treatment It may be in the gallbladder. Or spread to other parts of the body
Gallbladder cancer does not have a definite preventive measure. But it may reduce the risk of developing this type of cancer by keeping yourself healthy. And follow the following guidelines
- Maintaining normal weight.
- Eat a healthy diet Especially cereal foods, vegetables and fruits
- Avoid smoking And avoid entering places where cigarette smoke is