Wearing a bra that reduces breast volume, keeping your weight under control, and doing weight lifting exercises to lift your breasts are some simple tips that can be done at home that help to reduce the appearance of the breasts, in addition to making them firmer. , without needing surgery.
These tips work especially for those whose chest volume is a little higher than they would like. In cases where the breasts have a very large volume, the ideal may be to opt for a reduction surgery, which should be evaluated and indicated by a plastic surgeon.
Having big breasts can bring health problems such as back pain, neck changes or back problems, in addition to often causing psychological discomfort and low self-esteem.
1. Use firming creams
Massaging the breasts using moisturizing creams based on active principles that cause tension, such as tensine or DMAE, favors breast support and helps to stimulate collagen production. Some examples of good creams to use can be Skin Plus Fluido Tenson, by Dermatus or Aquatic Day, for example.
2. Wear a slimming or sports bra
Wearing a slimming or sports bra helps to give the appearance of reducing the size of the breast, while helping to support the breast better, providing more comfort and avoiding possible complications related to breast weight, such as back pain or breast problems. column, for example. In addition, this type of bra also flattens the chest, reduces the volume and movement of the breast, thus helping to keep the breasts in place.
Most women with big chests don’t wear the proper bra model and size, and wearing the wrong bra leads to poor back posture and shoulder pressure, and can even make the breast look bigger, saggy and sagging. So it is important to follow the following tips when buying a bra:
- Cup size must be adequate, as a small cup creates the double chest effect, while a large cup does not adequately support the chest;
- The bra hoop should always be just below your chest, and it should be well located between your breast and ribs so that it holds up without hurting;
- The straps should be wide so they can support the chest well without hurting or putting excessive pressure on.
During pregnancy, it is also very important that the bra keep up with the changes in the body, especially the gradual and natural growth of the breasts, which is why it is recommended that you update your bra size between 2 and 3 months of pregnancy, then between between 5 and 6 months and finally between 8 and 9 months, where it will be necessary to choose breastfeeding bras.
3. Keep your weight under control and exercise
Keeping the weight under control is another key point, because when there is an increase in weight, there is also an increase in the size of the breasts.
In addition, weight training and other exercises that require the use of bars and weights also help to lift and firm the breasts. Some of these exercises can be:
- bench press: This exercise can be done on machines or using barbells and weights. To do this, just lie on your back and push the bar toward the ceiling to work the muscles responsible for supporting the breast;
- Side Openings and Flights: these exercises can be done on machines or with bars and weights, and in general they consist of opening and closing the arms, thus strengthening the trapezius and pectoral region;
- jump rope: This is a very complete exercise, which in addition to helping to burn fat, also helps to strengthen the chest and improve posture.
In order not to harm posture and back, these exercises should only be performed after talking to the instructor or personal trainer, so he can indicate the best exercises for each case.
When it is necessary to undergo reduction surgery
Surgery to reduce the size and volume of the breasts, called reduction mammoplasty, is generally recommended for women who have constant back and neck pain, or who have a curved trunk or other changes due to the volume and weight of the breasts.
Learn more about how breast reduction with surgery is done.