Excessive consumption of chocolate can aggravate pimples because chocolate is rich in sugar and milk, two foods that favor the production of sebum by the sebaceous glands, leading to increased oiliness of the skin and the appearance of acne.
The worsening of pimples due to food is more frequent in adolescence and early youth, especially because hormonal changes at this stage of life also stimulate skin oiliness, especially in the premenstrual period for women.
Foods That Cause Acne
In addition to chocolate, other foods also increase pimples, such as:
- Pastas: breads, biscuits, cakes and pizzas, as they are rich in refined wheat flour, which causes inflammation in the body and especially in the skin;
- Sweets and desserts in general, in addition to all foods rich in sugar, as sweets also cause inflammation and stimulate the production of oil, causing acne;
- Fried foods and foods rich in trans fats, such as biscuits, ready-to-eat cakes, diced seasoning, sausage, ham and sausage, as they are sources of fat that inflame the body;
- milk and derivatives, as some people are more sensitive to milk and end up having more acne with its consumption;
- fast food, as it contains all the inflammatory ingredients: flour, sugar and trans fat.
In addition, it is also necessary to avoid foods that cause allergy or sensitivity in each person, such as shrimp, peanuts or milk. When you have a food allergy and consume allergenic foods, even in small amounts, the inflammation increases and can cause more pimples.
How to maintain skin beauty
What can be done to fight pimples at this stage is to avoid these foods and wash your face daily with burdock tea, and in more severe cases, look for a dermatologist, as in some cases the use of medications, such as Roaccutane, can be indicated. You can also opt for a home remedy for pimples that is easy to use and very effective.