Aug 12, 2017
Job Vacancy: Logistics Officer – Kisumu
DAI, a global development consulting firm, seeks applications from qualified candidates for the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (KIWASH) project.
The Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project is a five – year, USAID – funded project to improve lives and health through the development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene services in Kenya.
Its purpose is to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service delivery for accelerated water and sanitation access in specific target counties and to improve complementary hygiene behaviors.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Logistics Officer will oversee all logistics-related activities for KIWASH in the Kisumu office and the Western Region.
S/he shall ensure that the outlined logistics policies and procedures are implemented.
The Logistics Officer shall provide and maintain complete and accurate data for all logistics and inventory files.
- Support day-to-day logistics issues, including travel schedules and itineraries, reservations, and support for planned KIWASH events and activities;
- Assist in managing the customs clearance program and document filing system;
- Maintain project inventory system; Regularly audit office inventory and update of TAMIS;
- Maintain custody of office phones for visiting STTA and office sim card management
- Serve as a point of contact for logistics-related questions during audits;
- Assist with identification of and negotiation with local vendors and other procurement related tasks. Especially with logistics related procurement
- Arranges all visa and custom exemptions for expatriate staff and national staff
- Fuel management and vehicle maintenance
- Making and tracking of taxi travel arrangements for meetings and events
- Carry out any other relevant duties requested.
- The Logistics Officer will supervise the Project Driver.
- B.A. Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in logistics, office administration, and/or project operations
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working on donor-funded projects
- Ability to respond effectively to the time-sensitive inquiries
- Experience with Microsoft office suite
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, strong operational focus and able to multitask
- Fluency in English
Base of Operations: Kisumu, Kenya
Reporting: The Logistics Officer will report to the HR/Office Manager.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply online by 25th August, 2017 5:00 pm East Africa Local time.
Only candidates who send their information by applying through the link and by the deadline will be eligible.