Action Africa Help International (AAH-I)
Job Opening: Finance and Administration Manager, Ethiopia
Grade: AH 6
Grade: AH 6
Department / Section: Finance
Reports to: Country Director
Staff reporting to this post: Finance Assistant; Administration Assistant
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, with frequent field visits.
Purpose of the role: The Finance & Administration Manager (FAM) will be a strategic thought partner, and report to the Country Director.
The candidate will lead and develop the country team to support the following areas; finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration and IT.
The FAM will play a critical role in partnering with the senior management team (SMT) in strategic decision making and operations of Action Africa Help International, Ethiopia.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all AAH Ethiopia donors and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process; liaise with external auditors and the Finance Director (FAD).
- Coordinate all project audits within the AAH Ethiopia Program.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the FAD; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior Management team (SMT) abreast of the Country`s financial status.
- Manage AAH Ethiopia cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust financial management/reporting system; ensure that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department`s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the AAH Ethiopia board of directors.
- Review of monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts at AAH-I Ethiopia to verify accuracy and compliance to policy.
Human Resources and Administration
- Coordinate AAH Ethiopia human resources and administration function, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting.
- Oversee and streamline AAH Ethiopia recruitment processes.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations.
- Coordinate and liaise with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants for to ensure efficiency and transparency.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to AAH Ethiopia employees on key processes, tools, policies and procedures.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce.
- A Certified Accounting qualification (CPA-K, ACCA, CFA) with active membership.
- MBA/MSC is an added advantage.
Minimum relevant experience required
- At least 7 years of overall professional experience in financial and operations management.
- A track record in grants management.
- Working Experience with different donors –DFID, USAID, EC
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission of AAH-I
Additional Skills & Competences
- Ability to translate financial concepts to- and to effectively collaborate with – programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance back ground.
- Knowledge of various accounting and reporting software.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with ability to prioritize negotiate and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to [email protected] to be received by 31st December, 2017.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates.