Cook Job at Kamel Park Hotel
Reporting to: Sous Chef
We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
Responsibilities for the Cook Job
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
Cook Job Qualification
- KCSE Certificate or equivalent;
- Diploma from a reputable culinary school
- At least 3 years working experience as cook in a five-star hotel
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures (HACCP)
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
Disclaimer: The job description is not the exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply:
If you believe you have what it takes to handle this challenging position, kindly apply via email to [email protected]
Deadline: 15th October 2018