Applications Developer Job at KCB Bank
Reporting to the Lead Applications Developer, the application developer (integration support engineer) shall build and customize applications, systems and interfaces to support the bank’s digital platform, internal processes and other business units.
The developer will interact with third party service providers as well as other internal digital financial services units. The holder must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for hand-held devices and web solutions as business delivery channels for both bank corporate and retail customers as well as for online agency banking services.
Applications Developer Job Responsibilities
- Document, Design and develop solutions for the KCB Digital Platform, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, and Agency Banking systems and other alternative channels.
- Provide support for the integration framework.
- Implement high availability, fault tolerant strategies, and load balancing techniques based on IBM Integration Bus suite of products capabilities.
- Manage middleware environments and provide support to application and business teams. The job holder will also participate in quality assurance activities for integration related solutions before they are transitioned to production.
- Work independently and collaboratively with other support teams to troubleshoot integration platforms / server performance
- Issues and tune the environment based on findings and to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provide detailed incident reports and root cause analysis and suggest workarounds / interventions and/or solutions for recurring issues. Continuously devise or modify procedures to solve complex and recurrent problems and maintaining a knowledge base of the known problems and solutions.
- Periodic or adhoc patching of the environment – applying maintenance updates such as fix packs to the broker/integration nodes and ensuring the whole environment is up to date in relation to patching.
- Manage/action service requests raised directly or escalated to the integration support team and within the pre-determined SLA
- Maintain an up to date detailed configuration matrix for all services and integration landscape / environment.
- Interact closely with business owners and other key stakeholders to understand and document functional and non-functional requirements
- Develop Systems and Interfaces using alternative Technologies to drive business. Accountable for preparation and timely delivery of quality applications. The responsibility includes requirements definition, review of design documents, user test planning and review, defect tracking, and project closure tasks.
- Work with Enterprise Service Bus for service orchestration and systems integration.
- Specify and ensure application controls are incorporated during design of the software to check on risk exposure.
- Carry our functional and system tests and play a key role in facilitating user acceptance tests.
- Work closely with IT Risk and Security to ensure that applications are well secured.
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to high quality programming standards based on the bank’s SDLC policy
Qualifications for the Applications Developer Job
- A University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Technology or related discipline.
- At least 3-years’ working experience in application development with a bias in System Integration with Telcos, Mobile Money Systems and ecommerce APIs eg Paypal, Mastercard, Visa among others
- At least 3-years’ working experience using Java, Angular and Python programming languages is a must
- At least 2-years’ working experience in Web, Mobile or POS application development
- At least 2-years’ working experience in SQL programming, SSL Configurations and Digital Certificates
- Knowledge of Python, .NET or C# programming languages is an added advantage
- Experience in ESB implementation/programming would be an added advantage
- ITIL certification would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Huawei Mobile Money System would be an added advantage
- Experience in Core Banking System programming would be an added advantage.
- Highly Motivated & Process driven with an eye for detail and always willing to learn
- Team player and ready to work under pressure.
- Should be able to maintain and promote a positive attitude and work environment
How to Apply
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 16th July, 2018
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable