Senior Accountant Job at Kenya National Examinations Council
The Kenya National Examinations Council (also referred to as KNEC or the Council) was established in 1980 under the Kenya National Examinations Council Act Cap 225A of the Laws of Kenya. This Act (Cap 225A of 1980) was repealed in 2012 and replaced with KNEC Act No. 29 of 2012.
The Senior Accountant will report to a head of Section in Finance Division.
- Continuous monitoring of Council Revenue Generation/ Expenditure;
- Organization, management, control and coordination of routine and non routine accounting functions;
- Interpretation of financial policies;
- Budgeting and management accounting and financial returns;
- Preparing revised estimates, statistical reports, financial audits and tax returns.
- At least Bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or its equivalent from a recognized University with at least 9 (nine) years experience. Possession of a Masters Degree and CPA (K) will be an added advantage;
- Sound knowledge of financial management, budgeting, accounting and resource mobilization;
- Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Computer Applications.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before 5th March, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200 NAIROBI
a). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
b). The candidates who had applied for the re-advertised positions of Subject officer II and ICT Officer II- Software Development should not reapply. c). All shortlisted candidates below Scale EC 13 will be subjected to a Technical Test to be administered by the Council.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.