Library Clerk Job at African Institute for Capacity
Library Clerk Job Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Information, networking and Documentation Director, inputs and retrieves computerized information circulation,
- Maintain a catalogued inventory of books and materials in the library and textbooks collection, prepare requisitions for purchases, prepare overdue notices and bills for lost or missing materials, instruct and assist library users in the use of the facility and materials,
- Clean and repair worn or damaged books/materials, participate in documentation and editorial meetings and performing other duties as shall be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Library Clerk Job
- Applicants should be a holder of Diploma in Information Science, or Library and Information Studies or their recognized equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- At least one year relevant working experience.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
How to Apply
The position is on a three -year renewable contract and subject to satisfactory performance. Candidates who are interested and meet the above mentioned requirements should send their applications along with copies of certificates and testimonials, a daytime telephone contact, email, names and addresses of three referees to reach the address below not later than 25th July 2018 before 5.00 pm.
Please note electronic applications will NOT be accepted.
Administration & Finance Director
African Institute for Capacity Development (AICAD)
P. O. Box 46179 – 00100, NAIROBI
AICAD is an equal opportunity employer
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted