Requirements for the Chief Legal Officer Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a holder of a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean grade of C+(plus) and above or its equivalent
- Must have a bachelor of laws (LL.B) degree from a recognized institution.
- Must be an advocate of the High court of Kenya having a current practicing certificate.
- Must be a member of the law society of Kenya.
- Must have over five (5) years professional experience at a senior level in the public service or in a reputable private organization.
- Should have administrative and management experience at a senior level.
- Applicants must not be more than 55 years old.
Chief Legal Officer Job Responsibilities
- Giving legal advice to and undertaking complex litigation on behalf of the County Governments and undertaking complex arbitrations;
- Drafting and reviewing complex documents, local and international contracts And agreements;
- Providing legal advice and opinions to Departments in the County Government.
- Drafting of complex Bills and Subsidiary legislation; advising the County Government on legislative matters; and undertaking legislative drafting on behalf of The County Government Departments;
- Initiating and undertaking research on complex and emerging legal issues and preparing legal opinions and briefs,
- Advising the County Government Departments on legal policy issues; ensuring compliance with county, national, regional and international instruments,
- Ensuring compliance with the national values and principles of good governance and public service set out in
- Article 10 and Article 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
How to Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials.
They should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position/specific area you are applying for to
Meru County Public Service Board
P.O Box 120 60200,
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Meru Public Service Board offices situated at Ntara Plaza 4th Floor on or before 19th October 2017 before 5pm.
Meru County Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and physically challenged persons are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Salary is as per Salaries and Remuneration Commission of Kenya’s guidelines.