Director Medical Services Job at Nandi County
Job Group “R”
Terms of Service: 3 Year Contract
Salary: As prescribed by SRC
Nandi County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following position.
Director Medical Services Job Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in formation and implementation of health policies in the department.
- Offer supervisory role medical superintendents, unit heads, and sub county medical officers of health (MOHs).
- Managers administrative responsibilities preparation and approval of work plans, departmental budgets etc.
- Provide leadership and guidance towards service delivery.
- Implements performance management system in the department.
- Implementation of monitoring and evaluation of health services provision in the county.
- Ensure health service and operations are in compliance with the law of regulatory bodies.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations in the department of health.
- Coordination of national health programs in the county.
- Oversee health outreach activities, in the county.
- Ensure implementation of affirmative and gender /disability/mainstreaming kin the department of health.
- Provide leadership and implementation of corporate governance in the department of health.
- Enhances sustainability of health operations through partnership and collaboration with development partners and health/learning institutions.
- Establish and maintain a good working environment for the health providers and the community.
- Ensure inventory management in the department of health.
- Receive and make reports about the medical services within the county.
Requirements for the Director Medical Services Job
- BSc Medicine, dental, pharmacy and other related health degree – masters in medicine, pharmacy, dental, MPH.
- Senior management course lasting not less than 4 weeks health system strengthening course.
- 10 years I relevant field with at least 3 years in managerial positions.
- Communications and interpersonal skills, analytical skills, good administrative and managerial skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must furnish, alongside their applications, copies of the following documents:
- Copy of national identity card;
- Letter from the local chief;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates; and testimonials
- Curriculum Vitae.
Interested candidates from Job groups (‘L’ AND ABOVE )MUST submit the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies-
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Good Conduct).
- R.B (Credit Reference Bureau )
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked the position being applied for on the left side and addressed to:
Nandi County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 802-30300
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Nandi county Public service Board. To reach the office not later than 25th October, 2018 at 5.00 p.m
N/B: Women, persons with disability, the youth and people from marginalized groups who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.