Accountant Job at Postbank
PB 6.1- KPOSB/F&A/3/8
Postbank is a leading Savings Bank with a nationwide network and offering a wide range of financial services.
Reporting to the office of the Manager, Financial Accounting & Reporting, the position is responsible for facilitating timely and accurate reconciliation of various accounts.
To ensure effective and efficient accounting of all financial matters in the bank and to facilitate production of accurate, timely, complete and reliable periodic financial reports.
- To ensure prompt reconciliations of cash, bank and control and General Ledger accounts.
- Produce reconciliation statements and schedules for audit and management purposes.
- Monitor Cash, Bank and related control accounts to ensure optimal use of cash.
- Prepare reconciliation schedules and ensure that no excess funds are held in the branches.
- Maintain controls to ensure the institutions assets are safeguarded.
- Capture Bank charges, payment vouchers and application of cheques.
- Respond to audit queries emanating from the assigned duties.
- Check and approve payment vouchers as per set approval limits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree in business related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA.
- At least three years of experience in accounting.
- IT Proficiency.
How to Apply
The appointments will be for a contractual period of three years, renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank Headquarters situated at Post House, 4th Floor; Market lane Off 17 Banda Street. Please address applications to:
The Managing Director Kenya
Post Office Savings Bank
P. O. Box 30511-00100 NAIROBI
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday 28th February 13, 2018
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Postbank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard, women, people living with disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.