Senior Accountant Job at Post Bank
Postbank is a leading Savings Bank with a nationwide network and offering a wide range of financial services.
PB 5.2 – KPOSB/F&A/1/8
Reporting to the office of the Manager, Financial Accounting and Reporting, the position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances between the reporting system and other Banks’s operating systems, coaching of finance staff, approval of payment vouchers, signing of cheques, online payments and checking of reconciliation schedules.
- Harmonize Transitorial Accounts, Cash Accounts and Bank Accounts.
- Reconcile Depositors Liability of the Bank
- Provide and maintain transaction codes complete with correct General Ledger and Mapping when new transactions sets are introduced.
- Provide technical and advisory information and reports on Branch Transaction processing.
- Provide advisory support to other departments to ensure General Ledger Integrity for quality financial reporting.
- Sensitize Finance Team on Systems changes.
- Facilitate resolution of system related issues raised by Management Accountant to ensure timely production of Monthly Management Reports.
- Respond to all Audit Queries on System Interface (both External and Internal).
- Carry out preparedness in compliance with prudential guidelines and the Banking Act from a Finance perspective.
- Provide linkage between Finance Department and other departments in the Bank on project related issues.
- Approve vouchers and check reconciliation schedules.
- Supervise, appraise, guide mentor and train staff in the department while ensuring maximum staff productivity.
Knowledge. Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree in business related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA (K).
- At least five years of experience in accounting with one year at managerial level.
- IT Proficiency.
How to Apply
The appointments will be for a contractual period of three years, renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank Headquarters situated at Post House, 4th Floor; Market lane Off 17 Banda Street. Please address applications to:
The Managing Director Kenya
Post Office Savings Bank
P. O. Box 30511-00100 NAIROBI
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday 28th February 13, 2018
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Postbank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard, women, people living with disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.