Solutions Developer Job at Standard Bank Group
To interpret and direct the process of addressing business challenges/opportunities through designing, developing and rolling out customized business solutions in a disciplined and structured manner.
To undertake a software development role through the use of various programming languages including but not limited to, Java, VB.NET,Jbasic(T24 programming),python, android and ios programming.
Solutions Developer Job Responsibilities
- Research and Maintenance. Research the latest developments (innovations) relevant to the various developments undertaken in Stanbic Bank by IT Solutions Development team. Also assist in database and code optimization to ensure developed solutions running efficiently, i.e. ensure changes, correction, additions, moves to a different computing platform and more goes on seemingly forever.
- Systems design. Interpret business requirements and develop them into system logic that would lead to business solutions. Develop all relevant logic diagrams and workflows that will facilitate system development.
- Develop solutions to business challenges. Develop sustainable business solutions (or provide advice on business solutions developed) with the business getting agreement and buy-in from the business as well as IT. Business solutions have to be practical and must be implemented in a realistic time frame and within laid down project governance. Ensure that business requirements and implementation implications are clearly understood by the projects team, business and IT.
- Integration and testing. Develop technical test cases and technical specification manual to guide and direct the implementation of business solutions.
- Acceptance, installation, deployment: – Guide and direct the implementation of business solutions by participating with and engaging all relevant stakeholders in the development cycle. Also guide IT and businesses in launching new systems.
- Documentation: – Assist in documenting business/functional requirements and produce Technical Systems Specifications.
- Ensure that processes and procedures relating to the above are done in line with IT Configuration and Change management policies and standards.
- Engage with users and stakeholders in identifying shortcomings in the systems and related applications and provide technical advice on enhancements to overcome these.
- Knowledge transfer and training to peers and application support teams. Develop skills within IT and also the business units with specific focus on user empowerment.
- Participate in projects, as directed by Manager, Solutions Development, and in liaison with all the relevant IT management and stakeholders.
- Analyse reported faults/incidents issues and ensure that support is provided in line with the Service Level Agreements between IT and Business.
- Liaise with users and stakeholders to identify manual processes that can be automated and manage the process of said automation from end to end (Business case, FSS, through TSS to implementation).
- Provide general technical advice and guidance to users and stakeholders regarding the core system and related applications.
- Assist or execute special projects as directed by Manager, Solutions Development.
Qualifications for the Solutions Developer Job
- First Degree in Information Technology (IT) or Computer Sciences
- Certification in ITIL, PRINCE 2, AGILE
- 3-4 Years of experience in a similar role or equivalent.
- Systems Design
- Design Patterns
- Design Software
- Integrate Patterns Between Systems
- Use of Version Control
- IT Development
How to Apply