Associate Finance & Budget Officer Jobs at United Nations
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the respective office of the Secretary-General.
This post is located in Budget and Financial Management Service (BFMS)in the Division of Administrative Services, UNON. Under the direct supervision of Section or Unit Chief in BFMS, the incumbent shall be responsible for the following duties:
Medium Term Planning
- Reviews, analyses and finalizes the preparation of the medium-term plan and its revisions on the basis of departmental submissions, taking into account recommendations and decisions of specialized intergovernmental bodies.
- Provides advice and support to relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies in their review of the medium-term plan and its revisions.
- Ensures legislative mandates are accurately translated into programme budgets.
- Reviews, analyses and assists in the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements from:
- Departments/offices at Headquarters and in the field, including programmatic aspects;
smaller-sized peacekeeping operations; ensure compliance with the medium-term plan and other legislative mandates.
- Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Provides support to relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies in their budget review.
- Prepares budget requirements for activities funded from extra-budgetary resources including preparation and presentation of rate cards and budgets vis-à-vis relevant governance bodies.
- Prepares forecast of revenue and cost plans as well as cash flow projections.
- Prepares allotments, including redeployment of funds when necessary, ensuring appropriate expenditures.
- Monitors budget implementation and recommends reallocation of funds as necessary.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels.
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure:
that the requirement is in line with approved budget ;
availability of funds;
- Administers and monitors extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of budget performance submissions.
- Reviews and assists in finalization of budget performance reports, analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Assists in providing substantive support to governance bodies.
- Keeps up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to programme and/or peacekeeping budgets, ensuring compliance with intergovernmental recommendations and decisions as well as with United Nations policies and procedures;
- Manages and follow up on outstanding receivable billing under UNON.
- Prepares, executes and monitors cost recovery in relation to UNON’s extra-budgetary resources.
- Administers the staffing table for UNON in line with the authorized staffing levels.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
How to Apply
Get Yours Now. Click Here.