Senior Accounts Assistant Job at Chuka University
Chuka University, the 9th Public University to be established in Kenya and the second Public University to be charted, located in serene breathtaking scenery 186 Kms from Nairobi, invites suitably qualified, highly competent and self-driven candidates to fill the following Teaching and Non-Teaching Vacancies.
Senior Accounts Assistant Job Requirements
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting Option), for direct appointment OR
- Must have CPA Part II with 3 years’ experience as Senior Accounts Assistant I
- Should have excellent computer skills and demonstrate good working knowledge of accounting packages and financial systems
- Should show exemplary work performance.
Duties for the Senior Accounts Assistant Job
- Prepare and balance cash books.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements.
- Prepare sales and purchases day book.
- Summarize statutory deductions.
- Preparation and maintenance of general ledger accounts.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
How to Apply
Applicants MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission(EACC)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation(DCI)
Interested applicants are advised to visit Chuka University website www.chuka.ac.ke for the conditions for eligibility, requirements and other details for all the positions
Method Of Application:
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional
qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and submit their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 21st December, 2017
P.O. Box 109-60400
Chuka University is an equal opportunity employer. Physically Challenged People are encouraged to apply.