We are World Animal Protection.
For over 50 years we have moved the world to protect animals.
We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
We stop the exploitation of wild animals for entertainment and profit. We protect pets and working animals in communities across the globe. We campaign for better farm animal welfare and fight against factory farming. We also help animals when disaster strikes.
Our vision is a world where animals live free from suffering. We are working to help people to see how important animals are to all of us.
We are determined to influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda and inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better. Today we’re working on projects to end animal suffering by helping governments and communities to protect and care for their animals.
The Role for the Research Manager
- In this engaging research position, you will provide expertise across the range of our global campaigns and work alongside colleagues leading and supporting the development and delivery of essential research to achieve a lasting impact for animals.
- You will develop effective research based approaches that will underpin campaign strategies with high quality information and data. Conducting desk research through a range of scientific techniques and investigative approaches you will provide the evidence to enable Campaign teams to deliver our global objectives. Important will be the ability to ensure research is delivered on time and within budget.
- You will also build relationships and wider networks to support your work, develop tools for campaigns and manage any associated project activity and external engagement. Time will be spent in the field where you will engage with external and internal stakeholders where you will need to be able to build relationships in order to support the campaigns. This could be in an external affairs capacity or other field based research capacity.
- This exciting opportunity offers the successful candidate the chance to apply their academic knowledge in the real world. You will be able to use your research to help us move the world to protect animals, making this a highly rewarding role.
Research Manager Job Requirements
- A graduate in a science, animal science, legal, political, journalism or similar discipline
- You will be an experienced and highly motivated researcher with a track record of developing and delivering research led approaches to achieve specific outcomes. Both desk and field based research.
- You will have worked on primary evidence gathering in a scientific and / or academic environment and are familiar with relevant methodologies and processes.
- You will have a good understanding of outreach, research and information gathering processes and techniques as well as being familiar with the operational and tactical delivery of (preferably global) research findings.
- A good communicator you will possess first class project management, analytical and decision-making skills.
Knowledge of animal welfare or conservation and environmental issues would be an advantage.
How to Apply
If you want to be part of our dynamic organisation and help us move the world to protect animals then please send us a copy of your CV and cover/motivation letters addressing your skills and experience relative to the role to [email protected]
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we will not be acknowledging receipt of your application. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
World Animal Protection is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the position location by the start of their employment.