The onset of the novel Corona Virus foresaw the closure of many businesses while limiting the movement of people across the globe.
With many of us working from home, it is hard to maintain our peak health due to the lack of constant physical activity.
So how do you ensure that your health stays at its peak during this time?
Great health and the key to a long life first stems from consuming a healthy diet.
Unbalanced or low nutritional meals may lead to lower body energy levels and a weaker immune system; which leaves us susceptible to diseases.
Below are a few nutritional tips that will help you keep your health at its peak as you quarantine yourself.
- Add plenty of raw fruits and vegetables to your meals.
It is easy to obtain all the nutrients, vitamins and fibres our body needs solely from natural growing fruits and vegetables.
They also contain a high percentage of water which leaves your body hydrated.
The simple nature of these foods saves your body a lot of energy in the digestion process , which leaves you with sufficient strength to complete other tasks.
- Choose foods with unsaturated fats.
Fats are a requirement for a healthy diet, however consumption of a lot of saturated fats often leads to an increase in the level of bad cholesterol. This in turn increases the likelihood of developing heart complications.
To avoid this, decrease your intake of highly fatty meat and dairy products and instead, add foods like oily fish, nuts, and plant oils like olive.
- Ensure you drink enough water, at least 2L a day for an adult to keep your body sufficiently hydrated.
- Reduce your consumption of high sugary foods such as snacks and soft drinks.
- Make sure you get your daily dose of vitamin D from the sun. It is estimated that 1 hour of sunlight exposure every day triggers your body to produce antibodies that help fight diseases.