- The accident happened at Magina area along the Nakuru Nairobi highway
- Tuju was headed to Kabarak for Moi’s burial service
- The accident happened after his car hit a matatu
- He was airlifted to Nairobi for treatment
- Leaders and other dignitaries are expected to attend Moi’s funeral service at Kabarak today
Jubilee Party Secretary-General and Cabinet Secretary Raphael Tuju was involved in a car accidental on Tuesday, February 11 along the Nairobi Nakuru Highway.
The accident happened at Magina are along the busy Nairobi – Nakuru highway.
Tuju was heading to attend the late Mzee Moi’s burial service at Kabarak.
The SG was rushed to Nairobi for treatment.
A clear statement is yet to be released by the police regarding the accident.
Leaders, dignitaries and heads of state are expected to attend Moi’s burial service at his home in Kabarak.
The late Moi, second President of the Republic of Kenya will be laid to rest and accorded full military honours which include a 19 gun salute.
Moi’s body left the Wilson Airport at 8 am headed to Kabarak for mourners to bid farewell. The body initially left Lee Funeral Home in a military car before being loaded to a plane for his last journey to Kabarak.