HomeNewsCounty newsGas explosion leaves two children dead

Gas explosion leaves two children dead

Two children in Murang’a County were burnt to death in their home after a gas cylinder in the house exploded.

The two children, three and four years old, were home alone. They lit a matchbox which caused the gas explosion.

Gakuyu village residents, Murang’a County, tried to put out the fire, but they failed. At the time of the fire, there were strong winds that worsened the situation by fanning the fire.

Erick Kamande, the Kahumbu MCA, confirmed the incident. He urged all parents to be vigilant, especially when they leave their children alone at home. This way, there would be no fatal incidents.

“Please ensure that there is no matchstick lying around whenever you leave your children at home alone. If you can, make sure that the gas cylinder is at a place where a child cannot reach,” Mr. Kamande said.

Precautions

Parents and caregivers, in general, need to take the necessary precautions to ensure that children are safe. The first thing you need to do is store your gas cylinder in an upright position. It would be best to store it far away from open fire and out of children’s reach.

In case you notice a smell indicating that the gas is leaking, don’t light a match stick or operate any electrical switches. Open all the doors and windows or place the gas cylinder outside for some time.

This incident comes just a few weeks after three children in Siaya County burnt to death inside their house during a fire incident.

Related news

Trending