The organizers for the much-awaited Nairobi Continental Tour set for September 26 have pushed it to October 3.
Dubbed Kip Keino classic, the event has moved forward by another week to fall in the adjusted Diamond League’s calendar.
In the new changes, the Doha session meant for October 8 will now happen on September 25, which would clash with the one for Nairobi.
According to a statement by organizers, they stated their close relationship with the Middle East had them push the date. Having the meeting on the same weekend wouldn’t make sense as they plan on dividing athletes.
The two regions will share athletes amongst themselves; hence Kenya pushed its date forward to allow Doha to have a seamless event.
The Inaugural World Continental Tour would, for the first time, happen on African soil. Kip Keino classic will be held for one day at the 30,000 seater Moi International Sports Center Kasarani.
This meeting will happen on the eve of the London Marathon. Organizers for the marathon have confirmed that it would take place on October 4.
In the meantime, the first continental Tour happened in Turku, Finland, with around 6,000 people allowed to grace the occasion.
The continental golden tour calendar for 2020
- Kip Keino Classic- Nairobi, Kenya- October 3
- Memorial Borisa Hanzekovica- Zagreb, Croatia- September 15
- 59th Ostrava Golden Spike- Ostrava, Czech Republic- September 8
- Kamila Skolimowska Memorial- Chorzów, Poland- September 6
- Seiko Golden Grand Prix 2020 Tokyo- Tokyo, Japan- August 23
- Gyulai István Memorial- Szekesfehervar, Hungary- August 19
- Paavo Nurmi Games- Turku, Finland- August 11