HomeNewsPoliticsSonko seeks to settle case with PS Kibicho out of court

Sonko seeks to settle case with PS Kibicho out of court

Ex-Nairobi County Governor Mike Sonko is seeking to settle his case with Interior PS Karanja Kibicho away from court.

Kibicho’s lawyer Fred Ngatia told the court on Thursday, April 29, that he has received a statement from Sonko’s lawyers requesting the PS to consider settling the matter out of court.

Sonko’s lawyer Evans Ondieki reportedly authored the statement.

“I have received an application from Ondieki for a possible settlement. We ask that we come back on June 8 for settlement,” Ngatia said, according to a local TV station.

Speaking to journalists, Sonko’s other lawyer John Khaminwa, divulged that he was yet to receive the purported advice from his client.

“We are yet to receive directives from Mr. Sonko. What happened is this, Ondieki wrote a letter to Mr. Ngatia about a settlement. I, as the lead counsel, knew nothing about that letter.

“I am trying to ensure that I can get some instructions from the client,” stated Khaminwa.

The impeached governor has accused the “deep state” and “system” of the chaos experienced in the country in 2017.

The former Nairobi boss alleged that he was involved in the planning of chaos with the aim of portraying the ODM Party as the culprits.

According to court papers, Sonko had divulged that he lined out 13 witnesses in the case and was also seeking to have them placed under the protection program.

Shortly after Sonko’s remarks, PS Kibicho obtained court orders stopping the controversial politician from linking him to the 2017 general election chaos.

Kibicho claimed that Sonko had an agenda to harm his reputation and character.

He further claimed that Sonko had been making false and defamatory utterances against him since 2017.

Related news

Trending