Home News World News Princess Diana’s last request to son Prince Harry

Princess Diana’s last request to son Prince Harry

Princess Diana, Commonly known as the ‘people’s princess’ died in a Paris car crash in August 31 1997.

Diana signed the original will in June 1, 1993, and later on, amended it in 1996. According to reports; the late Princess Diana wanted the bulk of her state placed in a trust. She requested that her sons, Prince William and Prince Harry to have access to the trust when they turn 25. Diana’s mother and sister were allowed by the court to change a few details after her death.

The Will

Princess Diana requested all of her possessions to be divided between William and Harry. The rest she distributed among her seventeen godchildren and 50,000 pounds (6.4 million ksh) to her butler Paul Burrell.

Instead of the Prince’s getting their share at the age of 25; Diana’s mother and sister changed it to when they turn 30. The items on the will included Princess Diana’s iconic wedding dress which she gifted to Prince Harry.

Prince William received his mother’s engagement ring in which he proposed to Kate Middleton with.

Princess Diana’s wedding dress.

The designer, Mr and Mrs Emanuel said that; Princess Dianna’s dress has a thousand layers of pearls, silk and a 25 feet train. The late people’s princess dress returned to her sons Prince Harry and Prince William in 2014 after a global tour. The dress designed by David and Elizabeth Emanuel was a centrepiece of an exhibition which raised money for the Diana, Princess of Wales memorial fund.

In 2014, Mr Emanuel said that the dress had earned its keep. He also added that more people abroad had seen the dress than the British people. The Emanuel’s described the dress as something that had to go down in history which Diana loved. It had to be dramatic in order to make an impression.

Megxit     

During his speech, Prince Harry spoke about mental health and how he is in therapy. He went on to add that; the trauma of losing his mother, greatly affected his decision of leaving the royal life behind. Harry said that he wanted to protect his family as he did not want their son Archie Harrison to go through what he did as a child.

In 2017, Prince Harry also revealed his struggles of moving on from his mother’s death and that he had to seek out emotional support. He went on to add that; all the grief, sadness and misconception almost led him to have a mental breakdown on numerous occasions.

15,457FansLike
3,417FollowersFollow

NEWS JUST IN

Making your living space habitable

The increasing number of COVID-19 cases has made a lot of people to join the stay- at -home bandwagon. We all want to stay...

Police transfers postponed until further notice over Covid-19

Transfer of police officers to various new stations has been put on hold until the ongoing practices to contain the infections and spread of...

Mombasa governor directs residents to wear masks

Following the increase in the number of cases of the deadly coronavirus, the governor of Mombasa Ali Hassan Joho has asked all residents to...

Only 100 people will attend Ndigi Mwana a’Nzeki’s funeral

Retired Catholic Archbishop Raphael Ndingi Mwana a'Nzeki passed on on 31st March 2020. The church announced that he would be buried in a private...

Mike Sonko in mourning after losing close relative

Mike Mbuvi Sonko, the Nairobi governor, is in mourning after losing his cousin Dida Hadija  Hamis. The controversial lawmaker took to social media, where he...

Nairobi Hospital suspends work at satellite clinics, recalls all workers over COVID-19

The Nairobi Hospital has suspended all operations at all its six satellite clinics to help in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic. The hospital management also directed...

Government to trace people who had previously traveled to Covid-19 high-risk areas

The government has set up a multi-agency team to co-ordinate all activities regarding the spread of Covid-19 in the country. Among the members of the...

M-Shwari makes changes to cushion customers against COVID-19

M-Shwari is officially joining the ranks of the many Kenyan firms trying to cushion its customers against the effects of coronavirus. Safaricom made the announcement...
Loading...