This Wednesday evening fought the second salvo of the second qualifying round for the Champions League. PSV Eindhoven crushed Galatasaray (5-1) thanks to a hat-trick from Israeli international Eran Zahavi (2nd, 35th, 84th) and a brace from ex-German international Mario Gotze (51st, 89th). The Dutch have therefore taken a nice step towards the next round, a mission almost accomplished for the Dutch club before the return match in Istanbul on July 28.
However, it will be more complicated for some others. If the Red Star has only to win a goal to zero, they lost against the Kazhakstanis (1-2) and will therefore have to turn the tide. The Young Boys could not do better than a draw in Slovakia against Slovan Bratislava. Answer next week then!
The results of the evening:
- K. Almaty (KAZ) 2-1 Red Star of Belgrade (SER)
- Malmö FF (SUE) 2-1 HJK (END)
- Mora (SLO) 0-0 Ludogorets (BUL)
- Slovan Bratislava (SVQ) 0-0 Young Boys de Berne (SUI)
- Legia Warsaw (POL) 2-1 Flora (EST)
- Olympiacos (GRE) 1-0 Neftci Baku (AZE)
- PSV Eindhoven (NED) 5-1 Galatasaray (TUR)