– There seem to an online campaign for a lady to be Mike Sonko's deputy governor following the resignation of Polycarp Igathe
– Nairobi Deputy Governor shocked the entire nation by handing in his resignation, citing frustration by his boss
– His resignation raised questions on who will replace him or how the county will move forward without him
– Agnes Kagure Kariuki is among the top people being considered to deputy Sonko and Kenyans on twitter have thrown their support behind her
– At 36 years of age, she was in the list of top 40 under 40 women in business, she has worked in the insurance sector all her life
– Nairobi county top brass is said to have gone for a retreat to consider the position of deputy governor and Kagure's name has featured prominetly
Nairobi county is likely to have the first female deputy governor if the latest developments are anything to go by.
As earlier reported by TUKO.co.ke, the move by Igathe to resign following a bitter fallout with his boss, Governor Mike Sonko, sent tremors countrywide.
His resignation raised a heated online debate as to who would be the ideal candidate to take up his position with many worrying about the fate of the capital city of Kenya.
Consequently, Kenyans on Twitter have thrown their weight behind a female candidate and this time they have opted for Agnes Kagure Kariuki, whom they see as the most appropriate person to deputise Sonko.
TUKO.co.ke understands that at 36 years, Kagure who is married with two kids is an insurance expert and a prominent business woman who has already featured in the list of 40 under 40.
Moreover, she is among top agents in Kenya and amongst top 500 agents around the world who qualify for the global title of Top of the Table (TOT).
The Bachelor of Arts graduate has won other distinguished awards as follows:
Apptivity Club of Kenya 544 lives winner 2013
Top 40 Under 40 Women Winner 2011
Association of Kenya Insurers (AKI) Agent of the Year 2014
Association of Kenya Insurers (AKI) Agent of the Year 2013
Association of Kenya Insurers (AKI) Agent of the Year 2012
Association of Kenya Insurers (AKI) Agent of the Year 2011
Association of Kenya Insurers (AKI) Agent of the Year 2010
CFC Accident & Health premium Winner 2006
CFC Agency lifetime Awards
Nairobi top leaders have gone for a retreat to consider the position of deputy governor and Kagure's name has featured prominently further increasing her chances for the post.
Other candidates lined up for the post include John Gakuo who co-chairs the Nairobi re-generation committee, lawyer Karen Nyamu and Bishop Margaret Wanjiru who contested and lost the gubernatorial race in last year’s election.
East African Legislative Assembly (EALA) member Simon Mbugua and businessman Jimnah Mbaru have also featured as possible candidates.
Meet Kenya's 114- Year- Old Grandmother (Amazing Person Documentary) – On Tuko TV